What is Redemption Grace Period?
Once a domain name is deleted, it would generally slip into the Redemption Grace Period only under the following circumstances:
- Domain name was manually deleted by requesting the Webnetics Technical Support Team.
- Domain name was automatically deleted by our System as the domain name had expired and was not renewed until the end of its Renewal Grace Period.
- PLEASE NOTE ONCE A DOAMIN NAME HAS ENTERED A GRACE / DELETION PERIOD THERE WILL BE ADDITIONL COSTS. I.E .eu £ 60.00 GBP, a .com £ 85.00
Renewal Grace Period and Domain Name Deletion Policy
Redeeming a domain name is costly, time consuming and generally a manual process. The Redemption Grace Period is generally of 30 days after the domain name is deleted and during this period, only the current Registrar of the domain name can redeem the domain name.
If the domain name is not redeemed during this period, then it would move to the Pending Delete period for 5 days. In this status, the domain name can not be redeemed and after this period, the domain name would be available for fresh Registration.
- A .EU domain name does not have any Renewal Grace Period. It will expire on the second last day of the month, one year from the date of its Registration/Ownership Identity Modification/Move/Transfer/Restoration. The domain name will be deleted on the same day, if not renewed.
- The Redemption Grace Period for a .EU domain name is 40 days. Moreover, the Pending Delete period (5 day period after Redemption Grace Period) is not applicable to a .EU domain name. The domain name will be available for fresh Registration after 40 days from the date of Deletion.
- Any website/emails associated with a .UK domain name will stop resolving once the domain name expires.
- You may renew your .UK domain name anytime from 6 months before its Expiry upto 90 days after its Expiry. If you do not renew your .UK domain name within 90 days after its Expiry, it would be automatically deleted by the Registry.
- It is important to note that there is no concept of a Redemption Grace Period in case of a .UK domain name.
- CentralNIC domains will have a Redemption Grace Period of 45 days: EU.COM, .GB.COM, .AE.ORG, .KR.COM, .US.COM, .QC.COM, .DE.COM, .GB.NET, .NO.COM, .HU.COM, .JPN.COM, .UY.COM, .ZA.COM, .BR.COM, .CN.COM, .SA.COM, .SE.COM, .SE.NET, .UK.COM, .UK.NET, .RU.COM
- A .WS domain name will not be placed under Redemption Grace Period by the Registry upon Deletion. It will be made available for fresh Registration post Deletion. Hence, there is no possibility of redeeming a .WS domain name.
- A .NAME domain name will not be placed under Redemption Grace Period by the Registry upon Deletion. It will be made available for fresh Registration post a Pending Delete period of 5 days, during which the domain name cannot be redeemed.
- A .TEL domain name, if not redeemed during the 30 day Redemption Grace Period, would slip into a 5 day Pending Delete period. Post this, the domain name is placed on Delete Lockdown for 60 days and then would be made available for fresh Registration.
- The Redemption Grace Period for a .CN domain name is 15 days. Moreover, a .CN domain name does not pass through a Pending Delete period. The domain name will be available for fresh Registration after 15 days from the date of Deletion.
- A .NZ domain name will not have any Renewal Grace Period. It will be deleted upon Expiry, if not renewed. The Redemption Grace Period for a .NZ domain name is 90 days. Moreover, a .NZ domain name does not pass through a Pending Delete period. The domain name will be available for fresh Registration after 90 days from the date of Deletion.
- The Redemption Grace Period for a .CO domain name is 15 days. If the .CO domain name is not restored, it enters Pending Delete status for a period of 5 days.
- WEB.IN domain names become immediately available for registration upon Deletion and will not enter Redemption Grace Period.
- Redeeming/Restoring a domain name is a lengthy process and hence it would take us upto 5 working days to redeem a domain name.
- A Restoration action, once completed, cannot be reversed. The only option would be deleting the domain name, in case the same is no longer required.
Deleting a Domain Name
- Restoration of a domain name only after deletion by the system post Expiry of the Renewal Grace Period includes 1 year Renewal. If the domain name's deletion is requested anytime prior to its Expiry, then restoring the domain name will not include 1 year Renewal.
- However, Restoration of a .CN domain name will always include 1 year Renewal.
- Restoration of a .EU domain name will always include 1 year Renewal. However, Restoration will extend the Registration term from the date on which the domain name is redeemed (till the second last day of the month, one year from the date of Restoration) and not from the Expiry date existing when the domain name was deleted.